Customer: GulfMark Americas, Inc; www.gulfmark.com
Summary: GulfMark owns, operates, and manages a modern fleet of offshore support vessels that include: platform supply, anchor handling, towing supply, fast supply vessels, and specialty vessels. GulfMark is the largest operator of platform supply vessels globally across all major energy producing regions.
Issue: GulfMark was evaluating options to replace a legacy website CMS.
Solution: SynchroNet architected and implemented a new site using native AWS products allowing for scalability and cost reduction. Notably, SynchroNet leverage AWS serverless technologies to meet on-demand resources needs while reducing overall costs.
- Have a website that can scale to accommodate a significant burst in traffic associated with a public news event
- Have a database the business can easily update with new vessel data
- Reduce cost associated with hosting and maintaining the website
- The new site effectively scales to meet real-time traffic demands
- GulfMark can now more easily and efficiently maintain vessel data
- The monthly cost associated with the website was reduced roughly 2000%