Customer: Uson L.P.; www.uson.com
Summary: With global operations in North America, Europe, and China, Uson produces best-in-class leak detection equipment for markets such as automotive/transportation, industrial, medical device, and packaging. Uson leverages industry-specific business applications to create and manage the incredible amount of data required to design, manufacture, and support its products.
Issue: Uson needed to improve application performance and access as well as address business continuity inefficiencies in a region known for disruptive weather and flooding.
Solution: SynchroNet migrated Uson’s IT infrastructure to AWS and deployed Amazon WorkSpaces to deliver cost-effective, enterprise-class desktop management.
- Inability to access critical business data during disaster events
- Aging and over-capacity infrastructure requiring increased support and replacement
- Reduced staff productivity and negative morale toward IT caused by inconsistent end user
- experience and resource contention for business applications
- Constrained IT support staff, burdened with maintaining one-off end user desktops
- Cost-effective, enterprise-class desktop management
- Standardization, automation, and dedicated desktop resources are providing a consistent end user experience
- IT support staff focusing less on maintaining IT systems and more on solving business problems
- Critical business operations can now continue when building access is impacted